Underpinned by psychology and neuroscience, the Safety Leadership Masterclass gives you the tools and support to become a more influential leader and change agent.
- A unique masterclass experience for current and aspiring leaders
The Safety Leadership Masterclass is a 12-week program designed for safety professionals and executive level specialists. With a mix of weekly course modules, on-demand lectures and live Q&A sessions, the course gives you the tools to create long-term, impactful change in your organisation.
- Combine education with community
Through access to our 24/7 peer learning platform, you will connect with a global community of like-minded safety change leaders across industries, discuss ideas, share challenges and crowd source solutions for a learning experience that extends far beyond the classroom.
- Built for a busy executive’s schedule
Designed with engaging, short and digestible modules that can be accessed at any time, we’ve built this course with the practicalities of a busy executive leader’s schedule in mind. All modules are available on-demand, over a 12-week period, allowing you to learn at your own pace.
The Safety Leadership Masterclass at a glance – course overview
Deconstructing the Organisational Context
- Week 1 – Safety by Choice, Not by Chance: Identify your organisation’s safety ‘brand’ and your own ‘Personal Big5™’ motivators.
- Week 2 – Welcome to Safety and Culture: Determine where your organisation sits in the maturity model and how you can begin to transform the safety culture.
- Week 3 – A Vision for Positive Safety: Consider your legacy and set a vision for yourself and your team as safety leaders and ambassadors.
Embracing the Psychology of Change
- Week 4 – Harnessing Your Brain for Change: Discover how to harness the five fundamental truths of the brain to drive essential change in attitudes and beliefs.
- Week 5 – Become an Agent for Change: Unpack a change model to bring to life the needs of your business and create a compelling roadmap for change.
- Week 6 – Speak Their Language: Learn how to talk to your audience in a style that balances passion and best practice, for greater influence.
Starting a Movement
- Week 7 – Build a Compelling Case for Change: Collate qualitative and quantitative data to support a compelling story that engages and influences stakeholders.
- Week 8 – Create the Space for Powerful Commitment: Use a proven framework based on logic, rationality, stability, and honesty to gain powerful commitment.
- Week 9 – A Roadmap for Transformation: Use the One Page Safety Plan to set your team up for success in the transformation towards supporting the safety vision.
Leading for Success
- Week 10 – Build an Army of Advocates: Foster a growth mindset by tapping into the neuroscience of trust and the social brain to build psychological safety.
- Week 11 – Unleash Individual and Collective Talent: Embrace the 8 Safety Leadership Competencies to role model transformational leadership; be a coach, guide, empowerer, and advocate.
- Week 12 – Focus + Effort = Success: Your final week is where it all comes together. Cross the t’s, dot the i’s, rally the team, and make it happen!